Self-help guide: Eye problems

Find out more about your eye problems, when you can use self-care, and what to do if your eye condition worsens and you need medical help. The majority of eye problems can be treated by your local community optometrist (optician). There are other eye conditions which may need to be referred to a specialist. Your optometrist can refer you if needed.